I have such fond Christmas memories of tying our laborador up to the tabaggon (aquired in alaska) and being pulled throughout the whole neighborhood delivering whole pineapples with a red ribbon. As an adult the whole pineapple gift makes no sense, but as a child, it was what you did at Christmas time. I try to follow my Mothers lead and share some holiday spirit with my neighbors now too. This year I made an apple lemon coffee cake. Soft creamy and lemony cream cheese in the center with a sugar and cinnamon laden crust and apples with pecans on top. Add a glass of hot chocolate and you have a perfect Christmas breakfast.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Neighborhood gifts
I have such fond Christmas memories of tying our laborador up to the tabaggon (aquired in alaska) and being pulled throughout the whole neighborhood delivering whole pineapples with a red ribbon. As an adult the whole pineapple gift makes no sense, but as a child, it was what you did at Christmas time. I try to follow my Mothers lead and share some holiday spirit with my neighbors now too. This year I made an apple lemon coffee cake. Soft creamy and lemony cream cheese in the center with a sugar and cinnamon laden crust and apples with pecans on top. Add a glass of hot chocolate and you have a perfect Christmas breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment